The CytoTox-Fluor™ Cytotoxicity Assay is a single-reagent-addition, homogeneous, fluorescent assay that measures the relative number of dead cells in cell populations. The assay measures a distinct protease activity associated with cytotoxicity and uses a fluorogenic peptide substrate (bis-alanyl-alanyl-phenylanlanyl-rhodamine 110; bis-AAF-R110) to measure “dead-cell activity,” which has been released from cells that have lost membrane integrity. The bis-AAF-R110 substrate cannot cross the intact membrane of live cells and therefore gives no signal from live cells. The assay is designed to accommodate downstream multiplexing with several Promega luminescent assays or spectrally distinct fluorescent assay methods, such as assays to measure caspase activation, reporter gene expression or orthogonal measures of viability.
Features – Benefits
- Measure the Relative Number of Dead Cells in Culture: Homogeneous, “add-mix-measure” protocol eliminates parallel plate processing and reduces cell culture costs.
- Get More Data from Every Well: Multiplex the CytoTox-Fluor™ Assay with several Promega luminescent cell-based assays.
- Normalize Downstream Multiplex Data for Cytotoxicity: Data normalization for dead-cell number makes results more comparable well-to-well, plate-to-plate, day-to-day.
- Reduce Assay Variability: The homogeneous “add-mix-measure” protocol avoids the cumulative error associated with multistep protocols.
- Determine cytotoxicity.
- Multiplex with Caspase-Glo® Assays or orthogonal cell viability assays.
- Multiplex with spectrally distinct assays.
|CytoTox-Fluor(TM) Cytotoxicity Assay, 10ml||10 ml||Promega||G9260|
|CytoTox-Fluor(TM) Cytotoxicity Assay, 5 x 10ml||5 x 10 ml||Promega||G9261|
|CytoTox-Fluor(TM) Cytotoxicity Assay, 2 x 50ml||2 x 50 ml||Promega||G9262|