The ROS-Glo™ H2O2 Assay is a homogeneous, fast and sensitive bioluminescent assay that measures the level of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), a reactive oxygen species (ROS), directly in cell culture or in defined enzyme reactions. A derivatized luciferin substrate is incubated with sample and reacts directly with H2O2 to generate a luciferin precursor. Addition of ROS-Glo™ Detection Solution converts the precursor to luciferin and provides Ultra-Glo™ Recombinant Luciferase to produce light signal that is proportional to the level of H2O2 present in the sample.
Features – Benefits
- Direct Cell-Based Detection: The assay can be performed in various cell culture media with or without serum, eliminating the need to remove the media from cultured cells before performing the assay.
- Simple and Fast Assay: The homogeneous assay is performed following a simple two-reagent-addition protocol that does not require sample manipulation. The assay can be completed in less than 2 hours after reagent addition.
- Non-HRP-Based Detection: The ROS-Glo™ H2O2 Substrate reacts directly with H2O2, obviating the need for horseradish peroxidase (HRP) as a coupling enzyme and thus eliminating false hits associated with HRP inhibition.
- Automation-Compatible Format: Easily scale from 96- to 384-well plate formats.
- Flexible Assay: The assay can be used to screen compounds in both cell-based and enzyme-based formats.
- Multiplex-Compatible System: Get more informative data per well and reduce cell culture expenses by multiplexing with a real-time cytotoxicity assay (CellTox™ Green Cytotoxicity Assay) in the same well or with a viability assay.
- Measure changes in hydrogen peroxide levels directly in cell culture samples.
- Measure the activity of enzymes that generate or eliminate H2O2.
- Identify small molecule inhibitors or inducers that alter ROS levels either in cells in culture or in enzyme assays.
|ROS-Glo™ H202 Assay, 10ml||10 ml||Promega||G8820|
|ROS-Glo™ H202 Assay, 50ml||50 ml||Promega||G8821|