The Viral ToxGlo™ Assay is a simple, quantifiable method of determining viral-induced cytopathic effects (CPE) in host cells caused by lytic virions. The assay measures cellular ATP as a surrogate measure of host cell viability. When CPE occurs due to viral infection, ATP depletion can be measured and correlated with viral burden. The amount of ATP detected is directly proportional to the number of viable host cells in culture and can be used as a simple method to quantify viral-induced CPE. The homogeneous “add-mix-measure” assay procedure involves adding the single reagent (ATP Detection Reagent) directly to host cells following viral treatment. A “glow-type” luminescent signal is generated that is proportional to the amount of ATP present. Cell washing, multiple pipetting steps and visual assessment are not required to assess CPE. The system detects as few as 15 cells/well in a 384-well format in 10 minutes after reagent addition and mixing and is designed for use in multiwell formats, making it ideal for automated high-throughput screening (HTS).
Features – Benefits
- Objectively Quantify CPE: The assay provides quantifiable data by luminescence detection, which obviates subjective operator error associated with visual scoring methods.
- Decrease Time to Results: Data can be recorded and analysis begun 10 minutes after reagent addition.
- Simplify Assessment of CPE: The homogeneous “add-mix-measure” protocol dramatically reduces the manual steps required for CPE assessment.
- Choose Your Format: The reagent is scalable from 96- to 1536-well plate formats.
- Amenable to High Throughput Screening: Luminescent signal is very stable with a half-life generally >5 hours dependent on cell type and medium used, allowing batch or consecutive processing. No fluorescence interference results in high signal to background and delivers excellent Z′ values in screening applications.
- Choose Your Reagent Configuration: Learn more about our custom options for this product at: www.promega.com/custom/
- Determine viral infectivity and the corresponding tissue culture infective dose (TCID50).
- Determine potential antiviral potency or off-target toxicity of test compounds.
|Viral ToxGlo™ Assay, 10ml||10 ml||Promega||G8941|
|Viral ToxGlo™ Assay, 10 x 10ml||10 x 10 ml||Promega||G8942|
|Viral ToxGlo™ Assay, 100ml||100 ml||Promega||G8943|